Paid finance internship: assist with a startup capital raise
- Student (College)
Folia Materials is looking for a paid finance/MBA intern for help with our $XM Seed round fundraise to start winter 2021/22. The ideal candidate is a junior or senior undergrad with startup investment experience from the startup or investor side. CEO needs someone to help drive the process: lead gen, outreach, business development, create/improve investor "sales" materials. Investor biz dev, not financial modeling.
- Work with the CEO to support raising a $XM VC round for a Seed stage startup
- Sourcing and qualifying relevant angels/Seed VCs: materials, hardware, deep tech, impact, generalist
- Methodical outreach: finding warm intros, LinkedIn/emails, follow up
- Join calls with investors as appropriate
- Updating/additional investment materials as requested by investors
- Due diligence room collation
- Remote work. Company is located just outside Cambridge MA.
You would walk away being able to say that you substantively drove a $XM VC-led round as well as a VC rolodex.
Entrepreneurial: dynamic and execution oriented.
Convince me you're scrappy, can learn new things quickly, and most of all that can execute. That you're a do-er. That you're going to figure out a path and find a way forward. I don't need you to be an expert in one thing, I need you to be able to quickly learn many things none of which is particularly hard but all of which have to be done correctly for success... which pretty well describes a lot about entrepreneurship.
- Experience in startup fundraising, as a venture capital associate, or as a startup founder
- Good communication skills for outreach and responses: ability to write professionally and create powerpoint slide content
- Well organized, good administrative organization, consistent follow through, quick to get things done
- Digitally native: able to quickly search online for contact and other information to bring into our CRM software and email systems
- Ideal candidate: junior or senior undergrad in business or related field with startup investment experience from the startup or investor side
- MBAs will be considered, but e.g. a financial modeling background is not a good fit for this position and you'd be wasting your time applying.
- No other intern or job commitments. We've had people apply with multiple other positions before and you won't get anything out of it. Don't waste your time applying.
This is a paid position. But startup pay will not be competitive with an investment firm or large corporate. However, you will work directly with a CEO and will get direct experience learning 100x more than you will anywhere else. We change successful intern's career trajectories and give them incredible work experience to speak confidently on a resume, not just box checking.
Folia Materials is making a safer, cleaner, and healthier world. Our patent-pending silver coating for paper adds anti-viral, anti-microbial, or other advanced functionality to products at the lowest cost possible by using commodity inputs and standard industrial coating machinery. Our silver-coated paper is then made into mass market consumer products.